Sunday, November 06, 2005

Building

I love building things!

Today I built a box. (I said I love to build things, not that I was very good at it. )

In May we installed geothermal heating in the house - an attempt to lower the heating costs. Old houses cost a lot to heat. Anyway, the new heating system is installed and everything works fine. However, two pipes needed to be built in before winter. This afternoon I finally started. If 'learning by doing' ever have been suitable for describing a situation, this was it.

One of the advantages of living in an old house is that other people have been living there before and left usable things. Today the usable things were boards and insulating material. Thank you forerunners!

It took most of the afternoon and a professional carpenter would probably have a lot of things to say about it, but the pipes are now built in. The box is insulated and everything is protected from rain and snow. And I made it myself!

By the way, one of my favorite roses, the pink Isphahan, has sprung a flower. Normally it blooms once a year, in June. But today, in darkest November one single pink flower brightens the day. Life is good.

1 comment:

Danbury Doors said...

This was great to rread